Ok here goes. This is going to be slightly long winded, so please bear with me. First of all, if you are looking for a clarification on whether Barun is staying or leaving, you might as well stop reading now because you are not getting any – for the moment at least.
- We have weathered many storms if a particular show is shutting/particular actor is leaving or not in the past. Dev,Dadi, Maan, Geet, Anjali, Daljeet – the list is endless! We don’t comment on the same – ever… Unless told to do so, by the channel. End of story.
- The Facebook pages/Twitter accounts that we maintain take a lot of effort. We do this only to interact with the people who watch our shows. You have to understand this. No other production house does this. Why? It does not bring anything extra. Not revenue. Not ratings. Ask anyone. It is NOT a medium where we are obliged to give explanations and clarification. This might sound harsh, hurt you or offend you but it is the truth. You have to, have to understand this. Please.
Here is what happened:
- It was brought to our notice, someone was impersonating our Production house and pretending to be from our team. I did not check who the impostor/impersonator is and I posted on the site. I worded it incorrectly. Big mistake and I truly apologise for it. Without cross-checking my facts with Gul, I posted we had not spoken to anybody.
- The person concerned messaged and said that people were calling her a liar. Gul called me up and I updated the post because we would not want to damage anybody’s online reputation especially if that person belonged to a online website. We did not want to damage anybody’s business. Big mistake again!
- The person messaged again and said that she was no longer in the employment of the online website - after the post had been updated.
- This is how it stands now.
- We have no idea what the concerned person posted and where all/ in which forum. Honest to God. Swear on my mother.
Moral of the story?
- We will not be talking to strangers anymore! Yeah, my parents warned me a long time ago about this one – but obviously, I do not listen!
- We are shutting down our account on all external websites. It is really not worth our time and effort. The Facebook pages will remain. If we feel the need to clarify anything, it will be on one of our sites.
- We will talk to the Channel and update this site next week, if needed. Yeah, they don’t work weekends.