Ever since we made the email id for casting, public, we have been flooded with emails and pictures. For the record, it is firstname.lastname@example.org. The absolutely crazy number emails have left us in a tizzy making us wonder whether it was a lapse in creating and giving out the email id? Who does that? Anyway, without getting into the details about the kind of mails that we have been getting, we would like to bring some order to the chaos. We understand that all those who want to act do not have pictures clicked by professionals, but still if we follow the simple guidelines posted below, it will help us deal with your mails better and your chances of getting rejected will be lesser.
- The pictures should be between 800 and 1200 pixels wide.
- The accompanying mail should have between three and seven pictures, though you may send as many as ten, if that pleases you!
- The total size of all the attachments should not be more than 10MB.
- The subject line of the mail should ideally state your sex and age. For example: “Male, 32 years, seeking character role.” ”Please sir give me just one chance” is not the ideal subject line for this kind of mail.
- You should be alone in the picture. All by yourself! While we love dogs, babies and in rare cases, stuffed toys… For this particular picture(s), please leave them out! While we understand that you looked smashing at this cousin’s wedding and you think this is your “bestest” picture – the same applies to your cousin as well.
- You facing forwards, looking straight towards the camera. Your friends might have told you that you resemble Shahrukh Khan or Katrina Kaif when viewed from the side or a certain angle – but we need to see how you look straight on! No really, no kidding… We really do!
- Your eyes open and clearly visible with no sunglasses or heavily tinted glasses, and no hair across your eyes. Stylish as it might look we do want to see what those eyes look like and what beautiful colour they are!
- If you prefer or wear glasses, please make sure there is no reflection or glare on your glasses, and the frames should not cover your eyes. Although, honestly speaking, you may find it easier to just remove your glasses!
- We should see your full head, without any head covering, unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons. The right to make you look ridiculous rests completely with us. So please throw away that “FRIENDS” cap that you have saved from 1989. It does not make you look like Salman Khan. The same applies to all cowboy hats, baseball caps and that wonderful straw hat from that wonderful vacation.
- Nothing should be covering your face. Please make sure nothing covers the outline of your eyes, nose or mouth. While we do plan to make some shows based on dacoits, bandits and the likes sometime in the future – please let us decide how to cover your face and when.
The body of the mail should have the following:
- Your name – rockstar89 doesn’t tell us your real name.
- Your address – geographical location is very important. We want to know whether you can come for an audition tomorrow or next month, after getting a visa.
- Your phone number – please don’t make us send you another email asking you for a number.
- Acting course undertaken, if any.
- Previous work experience, if any. If not, please state that you are a newcomer.
- Video links, if any
- Website, if any.